Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Thompson <ht...@sasknow.com> on 2002/02/11 01:29:54 UTC

Passing CGI environment to auth

Hi all,

Hopefully what I'm doing isn't so strange that nobody knows what I'm
trying to do. :-)

Basically, I need an external auth program (used with mod_auth_any, or
mod_auth_external.. I don't really care which) to be able to see the
standard CGI variables, like DOCUMENT_URI. I need to do this so I can
authorize users based on user, pass AND the requested document.

When I set up an auth program with mod_auth_any, for example, the user
and password are send as command line arguments. The DOCUMENT_URI
environment variable, however, is not defined.

I won't swear to it, but I thought I'd tried this with apache 1.3.20
and it worked. I'm using 1.3.22 now.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ry...@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon

Re: Passing CGI environment to auth

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
Hmm, perhaps mod_rewrite may help you:

RewriteRule (.*) $1 [E=REQUEST_URI:$1]

Looks a bit weird, and i've never tried it so far, but maybe... ;)
cheers
Martin

SOLVED: Re: Passing CGI environment to auth

Posted by Ryan Thompson <ry...@sasknow.com>.
Ryan Thompson wrote to users@httpd.apache.org:

> When I set up an auth program with mod_auth_any, for example, the
> user and password are send as command line arguments. The
> DOCUMENT_URI environment variable, however, is not defined.

Ok... I pointed mod_auth_external at /usr/bin/printenv to discover
that mod_auth_external passes its own "URI" environment variable along
with the USER and PASS variables. Knowing this, it was a simple matter
of changing getenv("DOCUMENT_URI") to getenv("URI")... but who knew?
:-)

mod_auth_any doesn't seem to do anything like this.

- Ryan

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon