Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by wangxiaowei <wa...@software.ict.ac.cn> on 2008/05/16 10:32:52 UTC

About HDFS`s Certification and Authorization?

hi,all
  I now use hadoop-0.15.3.Does it`s HDFS have the functionality of certification and authorization? So that one user can just access one part of HDFS,and cann`t access other parts without permitting?If it does ,how can I implement it?
  Thanks a lot.

Re: About HDFS`s Certification and Authorization?

Posted by Hairong Kuang <ha...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Release 0.15 does not have any permission/security control. Release 0.16
supports permission control. An initial design of user authentication is
coming soon. A jira issue regarding this will open in the next couple of
weeks. Please contribute if you have any ideas.

Hairong