Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Asaf Lahav <as...@primagrid.com> on 2006/02/12 15:19:49 UTC

axis user guide

I have been trying to run example5 of the axis user guide and am having some
trouble with it.

First, I have a question.

On the "encoding your beans - the BeanSerializer" section, there is a
command line execution sample.

e.g,

java samples.userguide.example5.Client -llocal://

What is the meaning of the -llocal:// parameter that is sent to the
AdminClient?

Second, while running those command lines I'm not getting any runtime
exceptions, yet the webservice doesn't seems to be deployed to the tomcat
web server.

Are there any known issues with the user guide?

Are there any better tutorials/examples than the ones which are provided
with the axis1_3 distribution?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf Lahav

VP R&D, Prima Grid LTD.