Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2010/11/05 15:29:19 UTC

A discussion of a new Powered By Hadoop logo

All,
    There is a discussion about creating a new "Powered by Hadoop"
logo that is happening on Jira at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7020
  if anyone has any graphical talent. I prefer a version based on
Apache's logo. Here is an example from the Tomcat project.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/sandbox/comet/webapps/ROOT/tomcat-power.gif
http://tomcat.apache.org/images/tomcat.gif

-- Owen

Re: A discussion of a new Powered By Hadoop logo

Posted by web service <wb...@gmail.com>.
I think Logo that has been suggested/posted somehow doesn't mean or seem
more like the hadoop elephant, the helmet is overpowerering. Again, that is
my perception.

So a contest would be a good idea, with so much discussion already
happening.

Posted by Ian Holsman <ha...@holsman.net>.