Posted to dev@marvin.apache.org by Lucas Bonatto Miguel <lu...@apache.org> on 2018/10/04 20:09:12 UTC

Stakeholders

Hi,

This is a question for the mentors or any other person with more experience
in the Apache process than me.

Should stakeholders be listed as committers as well? In this context
stakeholders are people who are involved with the project, make non-code
contributions, but help with architectural discussions, product design,
etc. It is important for those people to have access to our Slack and most
resources that committers have.

I am not sure if I used the right terms, but I didn't find much online
about this subject.

- Lucas

Re: Stakeholders

Posted by Daniel Takabayashi <da...@gmail.com>.
Help a lot. Thank's.

Re: Stakeholders

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Stakeholders

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Yes, anyone who provides any contribution of value, gains merit, whether that contribution is code or not. It is unfortunate that the 'committer' tag is a holdover from the "old days" when it marked someone with commit-bit, but I consider it more nowadays as a tag that the person is "committed" to the project. Yes, they should be added and listed as committers. Please note that being added as committers means that they need to be submitted to a vote of the present PPMC and elected in.