Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Sutton <pa...@c2.net> on 1998/09/21 18:39:32 UTC

Apache 1.3.2-dev Win32 build

I've uploaded a binary installer for the current Apache 1.3.2-dev tree.
This is built from the current 1.3.2-dev code, with the following changes:

 1. the registry key is "1.3.2 dev" rather than "1.3.2" as in the
    current apache.iwz. The apache.iwz has "1.3.2" to avoid the
    annoyance of having to update this file _after_ 1.3.2 has been
    tagged.

 2. the WARNING-NT.TXT file contains a placeholder message since it
    isn't currently in the 1.3.2 dev tree.

This install is in httpd/dist/apache_1_3_2-dev_win32_1.exe.

Paul

PS Don't rename and release this as a 1.3.2 installer!

Re: Apache 1.3.2-dev Win32 build

Posted by Martin Kraemer <ma...@mch.sni.de>.
BTW: how's the signalling supposed to work? In the error.log, I see
something like
   ...[emerg] Access denied: cannot open apache-signal event

When I enter
    apache.exe -i
I get
    ...[warn] pid file ... overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous apache run?

When I enter
    apache.exe -?
I don't see any mentioning of the '-i' option altogether.

Well, it runs (and it runs fine), but I don't understand these messages.

    Martin

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@austx.tandem.com>.
Working now, no registry error.

Great work guys.