Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2007/02/21 01:22:01 UTC

Maven 1.0.2: Possible to "new" an object and then call methods on it, in Maven plugin?

I have a modified version of the Castor plugin that enables some Castor
features not available through the default plugin.  In this plugin, I
use "ant:java" to execute the "main" method of the class.  I've been
told that in order to access other features that I'm going to need, I
instead have to create an instance of the class, call a setter method on
the object, and then execute another method of the object.  Can someone
point out how I can do that, just within the XML plugin code?

Re: Maven 1.0.2: Possible to "new" an object and then call methods on it, in Maven plugin?

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Also have a look at the 'new' and 'invoke' tags:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/tags.html

HTH,
-Lukas

Posted by Jiaqi Guo <cy...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Karr, David wrote:
> I have a modified version of the Castor plugin that enables some Castor
> features not available through the default plugin.  In this plugin, I
> use "ant:java" to execute the "main" method of the class.  I've been
> told that in order to access other features that I'm going to need, I
> instead have to create an instance of the class, call a setter method on
> the object, and then execute another method of the object.  Can someone
> point out how I can do that, just within the XML plugin code?

Jiaqi Guo

http://www.cyclopsgroup.org
jiaqi.guo@gmail.com