Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ronnie Tartar <rt...@symbiostech.com> on 2006/04/20 23:57:58 UTC

Good ruleset

I am struggling with a good set of rules to enable with the rulesdujour.
Some of my spam scores are in the 30's etc... Now, maybe I've enabled too
many rules, I am on v3.1.1 on FC4.  Any advice would be helpful.  I am
running it with Amavis-new, mysql.

Thanks

RE: Good ruleset

Posted by Ronnie Tartar <rt...@symbiostech.com>.
Nevermind, figured it out, it was already doing it.

Thanks

From: "Matt Kettler" <mk...@comcast.net>

> Ronnie Tartar wrote:
>> I have all the default rules that come with the package, and the
>> following in the rulesdujour config
>>
>> TRIPWIRE SARE_ADULT SARE_OBFU0 SARE_OBFU1 SARE_URI0 SARE_URI1
>> SARE_HTML_ENG SARE_FRAUD SARE_SPOOF SARE_RANDOM SARE_STOCKS"
>>
>> Do you think that is too much?
>>

> No.. I use most of those myself.

We use about forty rule sets here. I probably could trim some of them.
However, every time I do that some spammer reads my mind and starts using
formerly neatly filtered tricks.

{O.O}

RE: Good ruleset

Re: Good ruleset

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Matt Kettler" <mk...@comcast.net>

Re: Good ruleset

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Ronnie Tartar wrote:
> I have all the default rules that come with the package, and the following
> in the rulesdujour config
>
> TRIPWIRE SARE_ADULT SARE_OBFU0 SARE_OBFU1 SARE_URI0 SARE_URI1 SARE_HTML_ENG
> SARE_FRAUD SARE_SPOOF SARE_RANDOM SARE_STOCKS"
>
> Do you think that is too much?

No.. I use most of those myself.

RE: Good ruleset

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.