Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/04/01 20:48:12 UTC

Doxia and Site Plugin

Hi,

As promised I'll get these out for  release this week. I did find a
problem with new container components (doxia, i18n) running in the
older container so I have to fix that first later today and then I
will do the Doxia release process and then the site plugin process. I
know there are a couple issues left to fix with the site plugin and
I'll get those fixed.

Jason.

Re: Doxia and Site Plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 2 Apr 07, at 8:37 PM 2 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 02/04/2007, at 11:12 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>

>> On 1 Apr 07, at 8:05 PM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>>> What was the final verdict on the velocity processing?
>>>

>> Optional.
>
> Is this documented on the plugin site somewhere? I wasn't able to
> find it.

It's not there as there are a few options that I'll offer as choices
and when we pick that's what will be documented.

Jason.

Re: Doxia and Site Plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 02/04/2007, at 11:12 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 1 Apr 07, at 8:05 PM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> What was the final verdict on the velocity processing?
>>

> Optional.

Is this documented on the plugin site somewhere? I wasn't able to
find it.

>> I can see this doesn't break a lot now because it's only
>> properties, but I know the next thing someone is going to ask for
>> is to filter ${project.*} which will break a bunch of docs. I'd
>> still prefer the user make a conscious decision to have a document
>> filtered (all they need to do is whack a .vm extension on the
>> document). I also note the current site has an ugly exception
>> during generation due to this, though it does handle the outcome
>> correctly.
>>
>> Will the site plugin be another beta release? Looking at the
>> current JIRA, I think the 2.0 still represents a beta-quality
>> release, where 2.0.1 looks more like 2.0.
>>

> Probably should be alpha, another thing that jumped the gun but
> another beta for sure.

Cool. I'll rename in JIRA.

> Sure, if you haven't I can pop those in there and I will work on
> what I can. But I want to get the base doxia stuff out and people
> are clamoring for the site plugin so getting what's out now is more
> important but the time is consumed in running in all the older
> containers to make sure things still work. Which is how I found the
> container/api JAR problem.

Ok, will do.

- Brett

Re: Doxia and Site Plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 22 Apr 07, at 3:26 PM 22 Apr 07, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 4/2/07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 1 Apr 07, at 8:05 PM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>> > What was the final verdict on the velocity processing?
>> >

>> Optional.
>
> It seems to be on by default, and it's breaking the plugin docs when I
> publish them with maven-site-plugin 2.0-SNAPSHOT.

It is on by default, the verdict was to make it optional.

> For example, the site plugin docs should say
>
>     stagingDirectory  	File  	Staging directory location.
>     Default value is ${project.build.directory}/staging.
>
> and instead they say
>
>     stagingDirectory  	File  	Staging directory location.
>     Default value is e:\svn\maven\plugins\maven-site-plugin\target/
> staging.
>
> Please advise.  I'm going back to 2.0-beta-5 for plugin docs, but iirc
> that will break the download page on the main site.

I'll flip it over to use a directory for filtering so that the main
body of content is not filtered.

Henning, what's the directory you are currently using and I'll use
the same thing.

Jason.

Re: Doxia and Site Plugin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Doxia and Site Plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 1 Apr 07, at 8:05 PM 1 Apr 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> What was the final verdict on the velocity processing?

Optional.

> I can see this doesn't break a lot now because it's only
> properties, but I know the next thing someone is going to ask for
> is to filter ${project.*} which will break a bunch of docs. I'd
> still prefer the user make a conscious decision to have a document
> filtered (all they need to do is whack a .vm extension on the
> document). I also note the current site has an ugly exception
> during generation due to this, though it does handle the outcome
> correctly.
>
> Will the site plugin be another beta release? Looking at the
> current JIRA, I think the 2.0 still represents a beta-quality
> release, where 2.0.1 looks more like 2.0.

Probably should be alpha, another thing that jumped the gun but
another beta for sure.

> Thinking ahead a little to that 2.0, I think there are a few more
> things to consider.
>
> Firstly, I think we need a 1.0 of doxia and sitetools first
> (MSITE-101).

Yes, I was planning on releasing the dependencies of the site plugin
first.

> The doxia svn arrangement is still not resolved IMO. I originally
> thought you were going to put them under one trunk, not separate
> ones. I don't mind them separate, as long as we are agreeing to
> release them on different timescales, but if we are just going to
> release them with the same version tracking each other every time
> then I think it's pointless. If they are going to be released
> separately, then the site tools need a new JIRA project. So one way
> or the other something needs to be completed here.

They will definitely be released separately. Doxia with all the site
stuff out of it can be released pretty much now.

Re: Doxia and Site Plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.