Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com> on 2003/11/04 20:45:54 UTC

mod_apreq without perl

How do I build/install mod_apreq.so for Windows and Linux if I don't
need Perl code at all?
What are the prerequisites? Do I still need mod_perl, apache-test etc.?

Thank you,
Vladimir Dudov

Re: [VOTE] 2.01-dev-rc2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>

>>Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> writes:
>>

>>>Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>>It'll be in the 2.01-dev release.
>>
>>Please check that 2.01-dev-rc2 has the necessary Win32
>>fixes.
>>
>>  http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.01-dev-rc2.tar.gz
>

> +1 - this builds fine on Win32, and all tests pass (a couple
> of fixes to mod_perl/Apache-Test are needed regarding the
> presence of /dev/null, which I've submitted).

which also means that you need to PREREQ_PM Apache::Test 1.06, which is due to
be released early next week.

Re: [VOTE] 2.01-dev-rc2

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [VOTE] 2.01-dev-rc2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Please check that 2.01-dev-rc2 has the necessary Win32
> fixes.
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.01-dev-rc2.tar.gz
>
> As soon as we get a few +1's, I'll move forward with that
> tarball.  btw- after acceptance, should I rename it
> "libapreq2-2.01_02-dev.tar.gz" for CPAN (relying on the
> indexer to ignore the package because of the underscore
> in the version string)?  Or is CPAN smart enough to ignore
> "libapreq2-2.01-dev.tar.gz"?

it needs _ in the name.

[VOTE] 2.01-dev-rc2

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> I forgot about the build/version_check.pl script checking
> things - you're right that it does demand mod_perl
> and Apache-Test. I guess in principle these could be
> relaxed if not building the perl glue (for mod_perl) and/or
> testing (for Apache-Test).

My thinking on having the mp2/apache_test checks in Makefile.PL
was that, for *nix, folks that run '% perl Makefile.PL'
want to install the perl glue.  People that don't should use ./configure.
I guess it's possible to expect/document a similar dichotomy
for win32/Configure.pl, but the current INSTALL document is
a bit too brief for this :-).  Otherwise we can move the
mp2/Apache-Test checks into the non-Win32 section of Makefile.PL.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com>.
[...]

--Vladimir

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Re: mod_apreq without perl

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com> writes:

> How do I build/install mod_apreq.so for Windows

What say ye, Randy?

> and Linux if I don't need Perl code at all?  What are the
> prerequisites?

     apache2:  2.0.46
         apr:  0.9.4
         apu:  0.9.4
        perl:  5.6.1

I think you only need perl for running build/version_check.pl
and running the test suite.

> Do I still need mod_perl,

No.

> apache-test etc.?