Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca> on 2010/05/01 04:46:10 UTC

Re: Future of wicketstuff.org

Hello,

The main feature I like about wicketstuff is that its easy for
developers to add in code that is automatically built and deployed into
maven.  It allows an easy way to reactor a project to extract certain
reusable functionality, externalize it for others to use, and still be
able to build the originating project reliably.

+1 for using wicketstuff.org for the example applications and the build
server and removing jira and confluence, etc for presupplied low
maintenance options.

I want to help find a solution to the current team city <-> source forge
build problems.  I want to look at changing build servers before
considering switching the repository from sf to github.  (vote: [X] stay
with sf.net).

I'm not sure how much resources are required to build wicketstuff but I
plan on starting with an old Linux box at work (P4 single core 1.8
Ghz).  I want to start with hudson and see if I can keep it unbanned
while running the same high frequency updates.

The  other part is getting accounts setup through sonatype to let the
maven artifacts be deployed.  This requires an issue being filed into
the sonatype JIRA.

I could start with creating the JIRA issue for me first then if I can
get it to work or others want to help we get the additional users added.

My thinking is that I could test this stuff out separately and if it
works then wicketstuff.org could be switched over.

If anyone thinks it would be a bad idea (or if there are other
considerations I don't seem to be aware of)  for me to file the JIRA
request let me know otherwise I'll plan on getting started on this stuff
next week.

Regards,

Mike