Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sergey Polzunov <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/06 16:35:18 UTC

few questions

Hello all!

I have few questions. I'm digging into Solr server only 3 days and maybe
didn't get something, so I would appreciate for any useful links with info
about Solr configuring

Questions are:
1. What about cache persistent? I've noticed that there are 3 cache types.
If there will be interruption of electricity power after add and before
commit operation?
2. How I can create few indexes on one Solr server? I need 2 indexes in
different directories and with different unique Id fields
3. Is it possible to set LowerCaseFilter (for example) on fields with type
class "solr.StrField"?

thank you

--
Best regards,
Polzunov Sergei

Re: few questions

Posted by Sergey Polzunov <po...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answers.

--
Best regards,
Polzunov Sergei

Re: few questions

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 2/6/07, Sergey Polzunov <po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I have few questions. I'm digging into Solr server only 3 days and maybe
> didn't get something, so I would appreciate for any useful links with info
> about Solr configuring
>
> Questions are:
> 1. What about cache persistent? I've noticed that there are 3 cache types.
> If there will be interruption of electricity power after add and before
> commit operation?

Caches are in-memory only.   If you loose power, you've got worse
problems than losing the cache.  :-)

> 2. How I can create few indexes on one Solr server? I need 2 indexes in
> different directories and with different unique Id fields

See the Wiki in the installing section.
You can run more than one Solr webapp in the same servlet container,
or run multiple containers.

> 3. Is it possible to set LowerCaseFilter (for example) on fields with type
> class "solr.StrField"?

Use type "text" with a KeywordTokenizer followed by a LowercaseFilter.

-Yonik