Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by CKReddy Bhimavarapu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/27 09:29:19 UTC

Deep paging in solr using cursorMark

Hi,
     Using CursorMark we over come the Deep paging so far so good. As far
as I understand cursormark unique for each and every query depending on
sort values other than unique id and also depends up on number of rows.
     But my concern is if solr internally creates a different set for each
and every different queries upon sort values and they lasts for ever I
think.
1. if it lasts for ever does they consume server ram or not.
2. if it is occupying server ram does there is any way to destroy or clean
it.

please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.
--
chaitu. <ch...@gmail.com>

Re: Deep paging in solr using cursorMark

Posted by Brendan Humphreys <br...@canva.com>.
Apologies in advance for hijacking the thread, but somewhat related, does
anyone have experience with using cursorMark and elevations at the same
time? When I tried this, either passing elevatedIds via solrJ or specifying
them in elevate.xml, I got an AIOOBE if a cursorMark was also specified.
When I get a chance, I'll try to reproduce in a unit test. Just wondering
if anyone has encountered this and has a workaround. This is the one thing
that is stopping us adopting cursor-based pagination :-(

Cheers,
-Brendan

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>.
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:29 AM, CKReddy Bhimavarapu
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>      Using CursorMark we over come the Deep paging so far so good. As far
> as I understand cursormark unique for each and every query depending on
> sort values other than unique id and also depends up on number of rows.
>      But my concern is if solr internally creates a different set for each
> and every different queries upon sort values and they lasts for ever I
> think.
> 1. if it lasts for ever does they consume server ram or not.
> 2. if it is occupying server ram does there is any way to destroy or clean
> it.

No, there is no server-side state cached.  Think of it as a cookie.

-Yonik