Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/08/08 08:10:02 UTC

Question on a bugs_build TODO

* mp2bug -- add the output of 'ldd httpd' to the report

I'd really like to see this for 2.0.2 and volunteer to do it; however,
I'm not quite sure how we should go about getting the path to ldd or
should we just assume is in the path and skip it if not?

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: Question on a bugs_build TODO

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> I think that's where it should belong. It's a good idea, especially if it can
> be taught to do "the right thing" on all the platforms we support.
>
> Similarly, running ldd on the built mod_perl.so could be usefull too.
Of course if we do that, now we have to check if mp2 was compiled
statically or not, because if so, there will be mod_perl.so.

--
END
                Nothing is impossible.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
> hmm, where would this fit into A-T?  can you query A-T for stuff like cpp or
> CFLAGS or other similar info already?  I would have thought it should go in
> Apache::Build

After digging through the conglomeration that is A-T
(don't get me wrong great software, but yeeesh!)

main::(./mp2bug:38):    ModPerl::TestReport->new(@ARGV)->run;
Apache::TestReport::new(lib/Apache/TestReport.pm:28):
Apache::TestReport::run(lib/Apache/TestReport.pm:60):
Apache::TestReport::run(lib/Apache/TestReport.pm:62):
Apache::TestReport::template(lib/Apache/TestReport.pm:117):
Apache::TestReport::replace(lib/Apache/TestReport.pm:49):
ModPerl::TestReport::config(lib/ModPerl/TestReport.pm:77):
ModPerl::Config::as_string(lib/ModPerl/Config.pm:26):
Apache2::Build::build_config(lib/Apache2/Build.pm:803):

Wich is roughly how we get to generate the mp2bug report at least the
httpd related parts filled in for @CONFIG@.

I responded to a previous poster about the script not being able to find
the httpd binary.  I said it didn't work for me either.  So
I saw its supposed to search ~/.apache-test and then @INC.

So I have no ~/.apache-test; I think I should?

Also the Apache/TestConfigData.pm is not installed when mp2 is installed
  which I _believe_ is intentional.

So supposedly its supposed to take the hash found in whichever one it
finds first and add it to $self->{vars}.

Obviously I need to figure this one out before doing the ldd part.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
>>Thanks.  Thats fine.  Geoff, are you in agreement, this should be part
>>of Apache::Test and then used by bin/mp2bug and not inlined in that script?

hmm, where would this fit into A-T?  can you query A-T for stuff like cpp or
CFLAGS or other similar info already?  I would have thought it should go in
Apache::Build.

but, I'm on vacation and this is off the top of my head... so I'd just go
forth and code it up as you feel it fits in then post it for review.  enough
+1s and it won't matter :)

--Geoff

Re: Question on a bugs_build TODO

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.