Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@apache.org> on 2017/03/29 14:17:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 (take 2)

Dear community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 release!

This release includes 165 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12338913

Tag: https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_5_0_ALPHA_1
Tag commit id: 1f2069149a6eae4b5ba60f1b4aef5dab479cd272

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r18957).
Source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0-alpha-1/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0-alpha-1/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 (take 2)

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
I thought I had run the tests, but I had actually run installGroovy the
second time instead of running the tests too.
I also get the failing test:

:groovy-macro:test

org.codehaus.groovy.macro.MacroTest > testNotAMacroCall FAILED

    java.lang.AssertionError: Closure
org.codehaus.groovy.macro.MacroTest$_testNotAMacroCall_closure1@2a20258f
should have failed with an exception of type
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException, instead got Exception
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MethodSelectionException: Could not
find which method macro() to invoke from this list:

      public java.lang.Object java.lang.Object#macro(groovy.lang.Closure)

      public java.lang.Object java.lang.Object#macro(boolean,
groovy.lang.Closure)

      public java.lang.Object
java.lang.Object#macro(org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilePhase,
groovy.lang.Closure)

      public java.lang.Object
java.lang.Object#macro(org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilePhase, boolean,
groovy.lang.Closure)

        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)

        at groovy.test.GroovyAssert.shouldFail(GroovyAssert.java:129)

        at groovy.util.GroovyTestCase.shouldFail(GroovyTestCase.java:222)

        at
org.codehaus.groovy.macro.MacroTest.testNotAMacroCall(MacroTest.groovy:229)

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114130972232398734985/posts>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 (take 2)

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Indeed we need documentation.
There's some, but that's not covering the current refactored version.
Sergei, will you update it?

Posted by Sergei Egorov <bs...@gmail.com>.
Guillaume,

Yes, I fixed this test already, builds are running, locally is green as
well.

I had two long flights from 6am, please excuse me for today :)

Posted by Sergei Egorov <bs...@gmail.com>.
True. But it's about "macro" method, aka "MacroGroovy". Its API also wasn't
affected, basically, I just reimplemented it as a macro method :)

FYI build is green now:
http://ci.groovy-lang.org/viewLog.html?buildId=38463&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=Groovy_Jdk8Build_2

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergei Egorov <bs...@gmail.com>.
Jochen,

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.

Posted by Sergei Egorov <bs...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
I said +1 before, so

+1

from me this time.

--
Russel.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 (take 2)

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Still builds / tests successfully, and now I don't see the error message
anymore when launching groovy or groovyConsole.

Guillaume