Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by blipsman <b_...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/14 19:47:42 UTC

WebServiceProvider or WebService

Hi all,
I would appreciate any suggestion regarding my question. I just started
learning CXF with some knowledge of Maven And Spring Framework...
Trying to make decision about the following questions:

1. Which annotation would be preferable to utilize for my service endpoint:
    -@WebServiceProvider or @WebService
I do know that @WebServiceProvider  limits my web service only to one
method, etc, invoke()...
but @WebService I could have many methods....
What are the factors that should affect my decision?

2. As I deal with routing of my soap messages between several web services
and clients, I need to modify my original soap envelope, by adding new
nodes, and doing other things, such as displaying some data that defined and
determined dynamically. As I read Glen Mazza JAX-WS handlers and CXF
interceptors, I realize that maybe I could use them instead XSLT
transformation to modify my soap enevelope.
Any suggestions are really appeciated!!
Boris

Re: WebServiceProvider or WebService

Posted by blipsman <b_...@yahoo.com>.
Yue, Appreciate your sharing, I just started with CXF, and was not sure which
way to go, now, I guess I now, I will use WebService annotations and if have
time learn Apache Camel, otherwise will go with interceptors.
Thank you again, She-She!!!!

Re: WebServiceProvider or WebService

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

My comment inline
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

@WebServiceProvider means you need manipulate the message on xml level, this is useful in some cases.
But using @WebService is more usual, it means you can invoke the webservice like a normal java invocation, CXF will take care of the Object<=====>XML message transform(marshall/unmarshall).

> 2. As I deal with routing of my soap messages between several web services
> and clients, I need to modify my original soap envelope, by adding new
> nodes, and doing other things, such as displaying some data that defined and
> determined dynamically. As I read Glen Mazza JAX-WS handlers and CXF
> interceptors, I realize that maybe I could use them instead XSLT
> transformation to modify my soap enevelope.
> Any suggestions are really appreciated!!
Though you can use CXF interceptor|handler to do so, or even use cxf transformation feature[1], this kind of job usually can also be done in Apache Camel.
[1]http://cxf.apache.org/docs/transformationfeature.html