Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/10 13:33:02 UTC

not all child-child sub-modules are being built

hi,

   i apologize for the subject. :D

   just to organize our project structure we are putting all EJB
projects in a child-directory named EJB. then i put this in the parent
POM

   <modules>
      <module>mod1</module>
      <module>mod2</module>

      <module>EJB/ejb1</module>
      <module>EJB/ejb2</module>
   </modules>

  the problem is that only the last EJB module is being built. in my
example above only ejb2 is going to be built. if i switch the
positions of the two then only ejb1 will be built. i tried putting the
EJB projects in between the mod1 and mod2 declaration and still only
the last EJB project gets built but mod2 will be built just fine.

  in reality, all EJB projects are empty. they are just popoulated by
the mod1 project (via an ant script) because every other ejb project
has the same classes but different manifest values.

  is this a bug or an intended feature?

  i also tried making the EJB a "pom" project and declaring it as a
module in the parent project. the EJB project will then declare the
ejbX projects as its module. i was hoping that the maven goal
invocations  will cascade but it didn't. that is why i did it as
stated above.

  thanks.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else
better to do

Re: not all child-child sub-modules are being built

Posted by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com>.
scratch this to personal stupidity... the artifact ids were the same.

sorry for wasting your time. ill create a JIRA ticket all right, but
for an enhancement request of putting out a message if the reactor
detects a collision of identifiers. :D

ciao!

Posted by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com>.