Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/11 04:56:09 UTC

Source for plugins missing from 2.0.11?

When I attempt to build 2.0.11 from the source distribution, "mvn
install -P all" fails because the source for the plugins isn't
included.

I do see the _jars_ for all the s2 plugins in the lib directory of the
source distribution, however.

Can someone explain how this is intended to work?  It seems odd that
we have binaries in the source distro, rather than the source.

Wendy

Re: Source for plugins missing from 2.0.11?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/11/11, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:
> On Nov 11, 2007 2:43 AM, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > The Maven build does seem to be broken in that respect. I don't know
> > enough about Maven to try and fix it myself right now. Please feel
> > free to open a issue ticket in case some one else wants to try.
> >
> > The entire build process might need to be revisited. Creating a
> > distribution still requires manual intervention to achieve the desired
> > result, where it should be an entirely automatic process.
>
> Okay, I'll see if I can take a look at it during hackathon.  I've been
> reluctant to make changes because I'm not around very much, but you
> can always roll it back if it makes things worse. :)

Wendy, maybe you are interested in this issue too:

Ciao
Antonio

Re: Source for plugins missing from 2.0.11?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/11/11, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>:
> I thought it was in the assembly stuff but I don't see
> any major diff between 0.9 and 0.11, so I'm kinda
> confused :/ I'll look over your shoulder and learn
> something about Maven :(

I have assigned this issue to myself, since I have found that the
assembly descriptors do not include plugins' source.

Ciao
Antonio

Dojo 1.0 Plugin for S2.0.n, was: Re: Source for plugins missing from 2.0.11?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
With some directory name mangling etc. I've converted
the S2.1/trunk Dojo plugin to work and compile
independently for S2.0. Now my naïve test works,
although some of the tests from the plugin fail
(haven't looked at that at all yet).

It's not clear to me exactly how this would be
distributed, either.

I have a local repo w/ a working jar but I can put it
somewhere else if anybody's interested in poking at
it, particularly cleaning up the pom (I don't know
Maven) and maintaining it in parallel might be a pain.

OTOH, it might be possible to drop the XWork logging
for commons (as I've done in this version) and handle
the annotation in some other way (or create a dummy
annotation, or whatever) and make the directory names
a parameter somehow and select which you're building.
I don't know how to do that w/ Maven either.

d.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The Maven build does seem to be broken in that respect. I don't know
enough about Maven to try and fix it myself right now. Please feel
free to open a issue ticket in case some one else wants to try.

The entire build process might need to be revisited. Creating a
distribution still requires manual intervention to achieve the desired
result, where it should be an entirely automatic process.

Once upon a time, we had nightly builds that were identical in form to
the tagged distributions, and it would be nice to get back to that
some day.

-Ted.