Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2007/10/17 15:09:22 UTC

Apache ratified for another term on JCP EC

Well done all.

   http://www.jcpelection2007.org/jcp/ratification_results

Note that we only got 94%, which is down from last year, I think.  I
can only speculate why ;)

geir

Re: Apache ratified for another term on JCP EC

Posted by Onno Kluyt <On...@Sun.COM>.
We seem to have some typos on that page. There are 3 ratified seats
on each EC and 2 open seats on each this year. So Red Hat is in.

Onno.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I think there is an error in the text on that page:

The Java Community Process (JCP) has 2 Executive Committees (EC) -
Standard/Enterprise & Micro Edition, each targets different markets
for the Java Platform. Voting Members on each EC serve 3-year terms;
there are 10 Ratified Seats, 5 Elected Seats, and the permanent seat
held by Sun Microsystems, Inc. The 3-year terms are staggered. This
year, 4 seats on each committee are up for ratification, and 1 seat
on the SE/EE and 2 seats on the ME are up for election.

There are only three ratified members listed for each of the two ECs.
So I think that this text was copy/paste from a previous year when
there were four seats up for ratification. This year, only three.

If you look at the time line on the left navbar, you can see that the
elections for the EC open seats are now in the nomination phase and
elections will be held during Oct 30 to Nov 12.

Craig

On Oct 17, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2007 10:12 AM, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com>
> wrote:
>>> Does that mean that RedHat will no longer be on the EC or are they a
>>> ratified member?
>>
>> Red Hat are a ratified member.
>
> From the page (http://www.jcpelection2007.org/jcp/
> ratification_results):
> ---
> This year, 4 seats on each committee are up for ratification, and 1
> seat on the SE/EE and 2 seats on the ME are up for election.
> ---
>
> So.  Uh.  The math doesn't work out.  Were 2 seats on SE/EE up?  If
> it's 1, then Red Hat isn't in...  -- justin

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Apache ratified for another term on JCP EC

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Henning,

On Oct 17, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Very nice!
>
> It would be interesting how they arrived at that exact number. I can
> only reach 94.7% or 95.1%
> ( 936 * .26 = 243.

Given that .26 is itself rounded, the range is from .255 to .264,
which is 239 to 247 voters.

You can probably get one of these to work: 226 to 234 divided by 239
to 247.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Perhaps the calculations were run on one of the old Intel processors
with the floating point  bug ?

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Very nice!

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.