Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Amit Gupta V <ag...@sapient.com> on 2006/11/29 05:05:58 UTC

Change password remotely by users

Hello ALL,

I have recently setup the Local SVN repository server for development
project. Now I am not able to understand how I can allow users to
remotely change the passwords for their logins. I create the logins and
password using htpasswd command, but this file has admin access and I
donot want to create every user login on my linux machine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards
Amit

Re: Change password remotely by users

Posted by Mark Kempster <ma...@kempster.org>.
> I have recently setup the Local SVN repository server for development
> project. Now I am not able to understand how I can allow users to
> remotely change the passwords for their logins.

It's more software to install, but I had good luck with trac and some
of its admin modules:

Trac first:
	http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall
Then the Web Admin plugin:
	http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/WebAdmin
Finally, the Account Manager plugin:
	http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin

The AccountManager plugin lets an administrator create / modify user accounts
through the web interface, but also gives users a 'My Account' link where they
can change their own passwords.

Good luck.
- Mark