Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mike topper <mt...@riseup.net> on 2007/01/08 14:29:15 UTC

newbie question on determining fieldtype

Hi,

I have a question that I couldn't find the exact answer to.

I have some fields that I want to add to my schema but will never be
searched on.  They are only used as additional information about a
document when retrieved.  They are integers, so should i just have the
field be:

<field name="foo"             type="integer"             indexed="false" stored="true"/>

I'm pretty sure this is right, but I just wanted to check that I'm not missing any speedups from using a different field
or adding some other parameters.

-Mike

Re: newbie question on determining fieldtype

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 10:29 -0300, mike topper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question that I couldn't find the exact answer to.
>
> I have some fields that I want to add to my schema but will never be
> searched on.  They are only used as additional information about a
> document when retrieved.  They are integers, so should i just have the
> field be:
>
> <field name="foo"             type="integer"             indexed="false" stored="true"/>
>
> I'm pretty sure this is right, but I just wanted to check that I'm not missing any speedups from using a different field
> or adding some other parameters.

Seems pretty right to me.

Did you read
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml

and saw the comment:
 <!-- numeric field types that store and index the text
         value verbatim (and hence don't support range queries, since
the
         lexicographic ordering isn't equal to the numeric ordering) -->

HTH
salu2
--
thorsten