Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by y00y <y0...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/11 04:12:49 UTC

Help !

Hello everyone, I just installed 1.3.22 after formatting my computer, upgrading my cpu, etc.... anyway, I used to use 1.3.14 for a long time and it worked fine, i'm having mad trouble today getting others to connect to my 1.3.22 server running.

y00y.homeip.net

OK First off, I CAN hit that site and it registers my connect attempts in the log, I can view the files, htmls and all, but everytime I send a URL to a friend to try to connect, they cannot and their attempts DO NOT even register in the logs.

I've tried over and over to change the different DENY and ALLOW things in the config file but nothing worked. Someone please help me out....

I guess i'm missing something and theres a simple solution to this, but i'm no expert of apache, I only use this to host a few pics here and there and show others pictures I take with my digicam, etc...

Thanks!
-y00y

Re: Help !

Posted by y00y <y0...@yahoo.com>.
That should have been
http://y00y.homeip.net/trophy/     not trohpy, lol sorry bout that... :-)
Posted by y00y <y0...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you to both Owen and Mike (replied privately)

I hate how WinXP enables the firewall by default, I was so busy yesterday
installing programs that I use and running benchmarks on this new monster of
mine, I entirely forgot about the built in firewall and that is what caused
no one to connect to me and for me not even being able to connect to IRC, I

Re: Help !

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Re: Help !

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.
Not true.  Port 80 only referes to INCOMING not outgoing..

Re: Help !

Posted by Jeff Meisenhelder <dc...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Help !

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
if port 80 was sbanned you coudn't even access any sites.

Re: Help !

Posted by y00y <y0...@yahoo.com>.
I am doubting that because my apache and site and all that was working 8 hours ago, and for the past 4-6 months, before I formated and upgraded my whole computer today. But I will look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

That'd be a weird coincidence if they blocked it starting today during the time I was offline building the new box. hehe.

-y00y
  check to see if port 80 is blocked by your isp.

Re: Help !