Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/10 01:20:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Artemis 1.5.0 Released

Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 1.5.0 has been released.

I would like to highlight these changes as part of the release:

[ARTEMIS-724] - Implement no-local consumer support in AMQP
[ARTEMIS-737] - JUnit Rules and utilities
[ARTEMIS-743] - Default the queue address to the queue name
[ARTEMIS-753] - Persist pause status after restart of the broker.
[ARTEMIS-756] - CDI client
[ARTEMIS-824] - Management operations for creating and destroying
connector services
[ARTEMIS-822] - Performance improvements on the journaling and thread
pool review

For a complete list of changes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12338118&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create

The website has been updated with both the download and the documentation

http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Artemis 1.5.0 Released

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
I did a snapshot from the ARTEMIS 780 branch (addressing changes).  This
has some major core changes that would warrant a major bump.  But its way
off being in any state for a merge, the current plan is to continue with
1.x.0. Apologies for the confusion.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:35 AM Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch> wrote:

> Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 1.5.0 has been released.
>
> Under
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/
> ,
> I see both 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT and 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Will the next version be 1.6 or 2.0?
>
> Which new features will justify the change of major version?

I suspect the 2.0 was an error, and its actually 1.6 per

https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/pom.xml#L23

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.
I imagine we'll want to bump to 2.0 when the changes from the ARTEMIS-780 branch are finished and merged into master.

Justin

Posted by Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch>.