Posted to user@struts.apache.org by GernotB <sc...@gmx.net> on 2009/09/17 17:07:30 UTC

Problems, using submit button with individual confirm popUp

Hi there, is there any possibility in the struts html:submit tag to use a
self created javascript popUp for confirmation instead of the standard
'confirm()'?

I tried to replace the browsers confirm() function with a self created
javascript popUp.
Javascript is called in the onClick event of the submit button.
That just works fine but the problem is, that the button executes instantly
his integrated submit() function. I can see my confirm popUp but it
disapears instantly.

I tried to use html:button instead of html:submit.
That also works just fine but I have not found any possibility to trigger a
button event for the enter key.
I know that there is the possibility to use the onKeyPress event in the body
tag but as it is a very complex user interface, I don't want to trigger a
'submit()' for the enter key in every situation.

Does anybody know a solution to my problem?