Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com> on 2009/03/06 15:22:25 UTC

Assembly plugin and duplicate file issues

Hi list,

Those using the assembly plugin will most likely know that there were
some issues regarding duplicated files (MASSEMBLY-285, 341, 355, 361,
among others).

All issues appear to have been fixed for version 2.2-beta-3.
However, I still cannot manage to create a assembly jar without
duplicate files.

I have the following in my pom (in the build section):

<plugin>
   <version>2.2-beta-3</version>
   <configuration>
     <descriptorRefs>
       <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
     </descriptorRefs>
   </configuration>
   <executions>
     <execution>
       <phase>package</phase>
       <goals>
         <goal>single</goal>
       </goals>
     </execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

What I now obtain is the following: the files from the current project
are inserted in the final jar twice. Once with the "normal" path, and
once with the absolute path of my filesystem.

I also tried to add:

           <configuration>
             <archiverConfig>
               <duplicateBehavior>skip</duplicateBehavior>
             </archiverConfig>
           </configuration>

to the plugin configuration, but it does not change anything.

Any idea to _really_ avoid these duplicates?

Julien