Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2017/02/13 20:56:50 UTC

Component Property Type toString() returns null

Although component property types are being defined by a regular Java annotation type, the toString() method of property types always returns null (at least in Felix SCR) which makes it sometimes confusing if you want to debug an activate method.
IMHO the component property type’s toString() should always return a useful string similar to what is considered the typical implementation in https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/annotation/Annotation.html#toString() (i.e. a string exposing all elements of the annotation).
Should I file a JIRA issue about that?
Thanks,
Konrad

Re: Component Property Type toString() returns null

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5543 for that. IMHO those objects should implement https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/annotation/Annotation.html.