Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by da...@floripa.com.br on 2004/12/09 02:18:31 UTC

JMeter and HttpUnit

Hi,

  I used to work with HttpUnit on my application and it works very well to test
my  projects.
  Now I need to load test a web application, so I am looking at JMeter.
  The bigger problem is it do not support processing of dynamic (JavaScript)
pages. My application use this a lot, so it is impossible use JMeter now.
  But I know HttpUnit works very well with my javascripts.

  So I think I can use HttpUnit inside JMeter to make it work.
  I was reading the JMeter manuals and I should create a HttpUnitSampler.

  This is correct ? Anyone has a advice of how I should create this sampler (and
if what I need is a sampler at all) ?

Danilo.

Re: JMeter and HttpUnit

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
there's a new tutorial in CVS that mike and I wrote.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jmeter/xdocs/extending/

if you run into problems, just post to jmeter-dev and one of us will
provide tips

hope that helps

peter

Re: JMeter and HttpUnit

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
<da...@floripa.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I used to work with HttpUnit on my application and it works very well to test
> my  projects.
>   Now I need to load test a web application, so I am looking at JMeter.
>   The bigger problem is it do not support processing of dynamic (JavaScript)
> pages. My application use this a lot, so it is impossible use JMeter now.

It's not impossible.

JMeter can still be used to test such pages, it's just that you have
to do a bit more work to set up the test.

>   But I know HttpUnit works very well with my javascripts.
>
>   So I think I can use HttpUnit inside JMeter to make it work.
>   I was reading the JMeter manuals and I should create a HttpUnitSampler.
>
>   This is correct ? Anyone has a advice of how I should create this sampler (and
> if what I need is a sampler at all) ?

An HttpUnit sampler might well be very useful.

Another approach is to use the Proxy to record the Test Plan, and then
amend that accordingly.

Or use the Access Log Sampler.