Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oscar Moreno <om...@prosrm.com> on 2000/07/13 21:43:16 UTC

Problem with Memory and verbosegc

I am running Tomcat under Windows NT. I am getting some OutOfMemory
exceptions, but when I run tomcat with java -verbosegc I get the following
error at the beginning:

<GC: need to expand mark bits to cover 16384 bytes>

As I run the application, I later get some other messages such as:

<GC: need to expand mark bits to cover 33152 bytes>
<GC: managing allocation failure: need 8 bytes, type=2, action=1>
<GC: managing allocation failure: need 2097664 bytes, type=1, action=2>

I have already tried to set the java -Xmx256M to several distinct values,
but I does not seem to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Oscar