Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Christofer.Dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2008/08/14 17:21:30 UTC

Guide to JavaFlow

Hi,

since I wanted to use JavaFlow and it seemed to be impossible to build from
scratch …

As far as I understood the problem. Apache cleans up untouched blocks after
30 days of inactivity. Unfortunately almost all apache-commons blocks were
cleaned (Maybe I should apply this strategy to the pile of untouched Todos
on my desk here). So you have to build the missing blocks on your own …
really unfortunately you can’t just check them out and “mvn install” them,
since this won’t work.

Here the way I finally did it:

1.       checkout the following projects:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/javaflow/trunk

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jci/trunk

2.       There are errors in the Tests, that will cause both to fail (in my
case). The skip Tests-parameter doesn’t work, so I commented out some tests
(Ok … I know this is bad)

a.       In
commons-jci-core\core\src\test\java\org\apache\commons\jci\compilers\Abstrac
tCompilerTestCase.java I commented out all the tests, since all failed for
the javac compiler.

b.      In
commons-jci-core\fam\src\test\java\org\apache\commons\jci\monitor\Filesystem
AlterationMonitorTestCase.java I commented out the testDeleteFileDetection
method.

3.       With “mvn install” in commons-jci-core I was now able to build and
install jci-core into my local maven repository.

4.       Now I have to modify commons-javaflow\pom.xml since jci-core is no
longer “1.0-SNAPSHOT” but “1.1-SNAPSHOT”

5.       With “mvn install” in commons-javaflow I was now able to compile
and install commons-javaflow

6.       Fortunately I didn’t have to change anything in cocoon and a “mvn
install” inside the javaflow block directory, installed javaflow.

7.       After this I was able to build my first Cocoon 2.2 block with
JavaFlow as dependency

Well … I guess I’ll have to check if everything works and if the failed
Tests have any unpleasant effect … but I guess only time will tell.

Hope this helps anyone

Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service