Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by an...@writeme.com on 2003/12/09 08:38:28 UTC

My HTTP Authorisation is failing

JMeter is not applying authorisation to my HTTP Request.
I don't understand why.

I am using JMeter 1.9.1.
My Test Plan is in Functional Test Mode.
I have a HTTP Authorisation Manager in my Test Plan at a higher level than my Thread Group.
My Base URL is "http://2mmm.listenerpoints.com/2mmm/members/buyme/buyprize.pl"
altough I have also tried "2mmm.listenerpoints.com", "2mmm.listenerpoints.com/2mmm" and "2mmm.listenerpoints.com/2mmm/members" with the same result.

I have set Thread Group to Loop Count of 1 (or any number with the same result).
On the HTTP request, my server is set to "2mmm.listenerpoints.com" and the path is set to "/2mmm/members/buyme/buyprize.pl".
I have a simple data writer to capture the response.

In the output file I get a 401 Unauthorized error.
The URL Request that appears in the output file is
"http://2mmm.listenerpoints.com/2mmm/members/buyme/buyprize.pl?prizeid=228&quantity=1&firstname=Andrew"
When I put this directly into my browser, I am prompted to enter my username and password.
Therefore I think the HTTP Request is setup correctly.

Can anyone see what am I doing wrong with the HTTP Authorisation Manager?

Thanks,
Andrew