Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bruce Bailey <bj...@plaza.ds.adp.com> on 2001/06/13 23:24:34 UTC

Correct Way to dispose of strings from XMLString::transcode

Hi

When trying to run the following program, I keep getting an invalid heap
pointer error.  This occurs whenever I try to delete either the XML string
or the normal string.  If I don't use 'delete', I get memory leaks.  Any
ideas as to what might be the problem?

Thanks.

Bruce

Platform:	Winnt 4.0 (not sure of sp level, but I think it's 5)
Compiler:	vc 6.0
Xerces version:	VER=1_4

#include <util\XMLString.hpp>
#include <util/PlatformUtils.hpp>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

   XMLCh *x = XMLString::transcode("This is a test");
   char *p = XMLString::transcode(x);

   delete x;  /* delete[] x doesn't work either*/
   delete[]p;

   XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate();

   return 0;
}