Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Sankel <ca...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/29 20:26:21 UTC

undefined symbol: SWIG_TypeQuery

Hello All,

  I'm running into a problem with subversion, swig, and python on my
way to installing trac.  It seems, though google, that people have had
similar problems but the source or solution hasn't been found.  Any
Suggestions?

Thanks,

David J. Sankel

SWIG-1.3.19 (Also tried 21 and 24)
  ./configure --prefix=/usr/
  make
  make runtime
  make install
  make install-runtime

subversion-1.0.9
  ./configure
  make
  make install
  make swig-py
  make install-swig.py

Everything installs properly.  My test case:

  export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/svn-python/
  python -c "from svn import client"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/svn-python/svn/client.py", line 17, in ?
    from libsvn.client import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/svn-python/libsvn/client.py", line 4, in ?
    import _client
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libsvn_swig_py-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
SWIG_TypeQuery

Re: undefined symbol: SWIG_TypeQuery

Posted by David Sankel <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Justin,

  What I did in the end was use an earlier version of swig but ensure
that all the older reminants (of previous installations) were
destroyed.  That worked well for me.  Next time I do an installation,
I'll use the latest 1.1 version of subversion.

Regards,

David J. Sankel

Re: undefined symbol: SWIG_TypeQuery

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 9:26 PM +0100 David Sankel
<ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> subversion-1.0.9
>   ./configure
>   make
>   make install
>   make swig-py
>   make install-swig.py

A few thoughts:

- You need to be installing 'make install-swig-py'
- Have you tried Subversion 1.1.2?

There are lots of changes in the build system in 1.1.x that were never
backported to 1.0 - including perhaps SWIG 1.3.19+ support...  -- justin