Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geoff Moriak <gm...@excite.com> on 2000/11/01 19:51:26 UTC

Tomcat as an NT service - stop when logging out

I have installed Tomcat as an NT service.  If I restart my server, Tomcat
starts up and works.  If I log in, Tomcat continues running.

However if I log out, the Tomcat service stops and if I log back in, it is
still stopped.  I can manually start it from this point with no problems,
but again if I log out it stops.  If I restart NT, then Tomcat is started
when NT comes back up.

Is this a known problem or could you offer any insight as to why it happens?

Thanks,
Geoff Moriak
gmoriak@excite.com

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

RE: Tomcat as an NT service - stop when logging out

Posted by Willie Wheeler <ww...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
Yeah, that is correct.  It is a Java 1.3 problem.  Last time I checked it
was the one with the most Bug Parade votes but I guess that they haven't
fixed it yet.  Arrghh...

	Willie

I believe this is a known behaviour of Java 1.3 - switch to a 1.2 rev.