Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2008/04/15 15:36:28 UTC

another release candidate?

I have just patched 10.4 to handle DERBY-3616. That bug turns out to be
a fairly disabling problem for Table Functions. Because of DERBY-3616,
Table Functions may or may not be usable on a given platform, depending
on the platform's default string encoding. In particular, Table
Functions turned out to be unusable on Ubuntu 7, which is a fairly
popular platform. I recommend cutting a new release candidate for this
fix. I would like to spend a day doing some more platform testing of
this feature first, though.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: another release candidate?

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> writes:

> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>> seems like DERBY-3603 is about to be merged to 10.4 as well so I guess
>> I'll wait for that.
>
> Thanks Dyre! DERBY-3603 fix is now in the 10.4 branch; my tests were
> successful so I committed the merged change.

OK, then I'll start spinning another RC. Please shout if there are other
blockers I should be waiting for.

--
dt

Re: another release candidate?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> seems like DERBY-3603 is about to be merged to 10.4 as well so I guess
> I'll wait for that.

Thanks Dyre! DERBY-3603 fix is now in the 10.4 branch; my tests were
successful so I committed the merged change.

thanks,

bryan

Re: another release candidate?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> writes:
>

>> I have just patched 10.4 to handle DERBY-3616.
>>

> [snip]
>

>> I recommend cutting a new release
>> candidate for this fix. I would like to spend a day doing some more
>> platform testing of this feature first, though.
>>

> Doesn't seem like anyone is violently opposed to that, so if your
> testing did not uncover anything, I guess another RC would be ok. It
> seems like DERBY-3603 is about to be merged to 10.4 as well so I guess
> I'll wait for that.

Thanks, Dyre. My additional testing suggested that DERBY-3545 was a
duplicate of DERBY-3616.