Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dbug <dh...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/14 00:06:56 UTC

Re: Selenium - Maven - Smoke test

Thanks Marco,
Even I am a new entrant to this and am trying to get my fundamentals
straight. Smoke testing is done at a macro level after deploying the project
just to make sure nothing breaks after deployment.   Hence it is important
to get this after the deploy phase of the maven life cycle.

Regards,
dbug

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Deploy in Maven terms does not mean "deploy an artifact to an
application server". So, this would be a misapplication of smoke
testing.

Take a look at the Cargo plugin and see if perhaps they have some some
ability to deploy your app then run smoke tests then rollback the app
if there are problems etc. IMO this is really outside the scope of
Maven which is primarily concerned with building your apps, not
deploying them.

Wayne