Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/16 13:31:53 UTC

Saving test results (jtl) to a JMS, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, whatever-service

Dear members and developers,

    I was planning to implement a way to save test results to a service,
instead of to a file. I know that are performance concerns about this, but
it'll be a way, for me, to learn more about the JMeter architecture.

    How could I start this the best way? I mean what class should I extend:
ResultCollector, SaveService, a subclass of SampleSender?

    What I have learn until now is that ResultCollector is responsible of
dispatching xml elements to be saved by SaveService. And SampleSender's
subclasses send sample results accordingly to their strategy (mode) to a
RemoteSampleListener.

    I'm a bit confused of which class should I extend to accomplish the
objective: send test results to a published service instead of to a file.

Thanks in advance.
Hope I can contribute to this awesome tool.

Flavio Cysne

Re: Saving test results (jtl) to a JMS, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, whatever-service

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16 November 2012 12:31, Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear members and developers,
>
>     I was planning to implement a way to save test results to a service,
> instead of to a file. I know that are performance concerns about this, but
> it'll be a way, for me, to learn more about the JMeter architecture.
>
>     How could I start this the best way? I mean what class should I extend:
> ResultCollector, SaveService, a subclass of SampleSender?
>
>     What I have learn until now is that ResultCollector is responsible of
> dispatching xml elements to be saved by SaveService. And SampleSender's
> subclasses send sample results accordingly to their strategy (mode) to a
> RemoteSampleListener.
>
>     I'm a bit confused of which class should I extend to accomplish the
> objective: send test results to a published service instead of to a file.

You can use the BSF or BSH Listener to prototype the service.

Long term, you just need to implement the SampleListener interface.

The ResultSaver might be a suitable starting point for your own Java code.