Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by sh...@gmx.com on 2023/03/24 22:14:08 UTC

Guacamole - Local printer

Hello,

After much research, I assume that it is not possible to print directly from Guacamole to a local printer via an RDP connection.

However, could you tell me if workarounds are possible ? For example plugins or other?

Currently, I have to install VPN clients with my partners because of this printing need.

Many thanks

Stephan

Re: Guacamole - Local printer

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 3:14 PM <sh...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After much research, I assume that it is not possible to print directly
> from Guacamole to a local printer via an RDP connection.
>
> However, could you tell me if workarounds are possible ? For example
> plugins or other?
>
> Currently, I have to install VPN clients with my partners because of this
> printing need.

No. The only workarounds would be what we already provide (PDF download of
the printout) or what you have already done (bring the local printer onto
the RDP server's network).

See: https://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#local-printers

- Mike