Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu> on 2013/12/02 14:47:03 UTC

default login to ldap and remove block allocations menu

Hello,

I'm looking to make the default login page  automatically redirect users to
our NCF ldap login page instead of the default drop down which contains
Local or NCF login. I'm aware that if a user chooses "remember my
selection" that next time that user will automatically be presented with
the preferred method of authentication. It looks like utils.php is handling
this but I just wanted to get some advice as to the best way to handle this
while keeping in mind that I, as the admin, will want to log in with the
local admin account. My other question is we are thinking of removing the
block allocation option from regular end users but it must be present when
the local admin logs in(so I can create the allocation once the professors
put in a request via our help desk system) what 's the best way to handle
that?

Re: default login to ldap and remove block allocations menu

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
Thanks Aaron,

adding:

 if(in_array("groupAdmin", $user["privileges"])) {
                $rt .= menulistLI('blockAllocations');
                $rt .= "<a href=\"" . BASEURL . SCRIPT .
"?mode=blockAllocations\">";
                $rt .= _("Block Allocations</a></li>\n");
        }
to the getNavMenu in utils.php seems to do the trick for hiding the block
allocation menu to regular users.

David DeMizio
*Academic Systems Coordinator*
Office of Information Technology