Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Lyberg <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 11:51:03 UTC

Where to find score-settings for multi.surbl.org lists

Hi!

I recently installed Mailscanner and spamassassin on debian. I haven't
configured it to use multi.surbl.org lists, but when i send a test mail with
a testlink, i can see that it's catched as spam, just like it should:

MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam, SpamAssassin (score=9.303,
    required 5, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, RCVD_BY_IP 0.02, URIBL_AB_SURBL 2.01,
    URIBL_OB_SURBL 2.00, URIBL_PH_SURBL 0.84, URIBL_SC_SURBL 3.90,
    URIBL_WS_SURBL 0.54)

My question is, where can i set the score-settings and remove/add
surbl-lists? I've checked all config-files, but can't find the settings
anywhere.

Is it enabled in spamassasin by default? Where can i find it?

I'm using the following versions:

MailScanner 4.41.3
SpamAssassin version 3.0.3
  running on Perl version 5.8.4
Postfix 2.1.5

Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to find score-settings for multi.surbl.org lists

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Martin Lyberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I recently installed Mailscanner and spamassassin on debian. I haven't
> configured it to use multi.surbl.org <http://multi.surbl.org> lists,
> but when i send a test mail with a testlink, i can see that it's
> catched as spam, just like it should:
>
> MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam, SpamAssassin (score=9.303,
>     required 5, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, RCVD_BY_IP 0.02, URIBL_AB_SURBL 2.01,
>     URIBL_OB_SURBL 2.00, URIBL_PH_SURBL 0.84, URIBL_SC_SURBL 3.90,
>     URIBL_WS_SURBL 0.54)
>
> My question is, where can i set the score-settings and remove/add
> surbl-lists? I've checked all config-files, but can't find the
> settings anywhere.
>
> Is it enabled in spamassasin by default?
Yes, in SA 3.0.0 and higher surbl.org's lists are enabled by default.
> Where can i find it?
You can find it in /usr/share/spamassassin/25_uribl.cf, and the scores
are in 50_scores.cf. However DO NOT edit *ANY* files in
/usr/share/spamassassin, as this whole directory gets rm -f'ed when you
upgrade SA versions.

You can disable all the URIBLs by removing or commenting out the this
line in your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

If you want to disable, or change the score of any individual rule, add
a score statement to your /etc/mai/spammassassin/local.cf. Setting the
score of a rule to zero disables a rule.

ie: score URIBL_WS_SURBL 0

Note however this would disable the checking of WS in the
multi.surbl.org query, but since this won't disable the DNS query itself
since all the surbl.org's are tested against a single DNS query.

> I'm using the following versions:
>
> MailScanner 4.41.3
> SpamAssassin version 3.0.3
Make sure you're not using plain 3.0.3. That version has a security hole
in it. If you're using a distribution port (ie: debian) they may have
backported fixes to create 3.0.3-x. Check with the site for your
distribution to see what's in any "-x" versions.