Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Katiyar, Bhawana" <Bh...@workscape.com> on 2002/05/15 19:30:08 UTC

PDF doesn't show in ie over https

Re: PDF doesn't show in ie over https

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Does anybody know the influence of the following issue and if it being
> looked at?

That was the message which lead me on the track to study
a bit about MS-Caching. I believe, however, that stuff
transferred over https is a broader problem, setting
caching wont fix it, probabyl IEx doesn't cache HTTPS
stuff because of security reasons. This could very well
depend on the fixpack applied.

>>>3. IE receives the file but not show it, first, tries to find some
> strange
>>files on your server (on vti dir)

These are the "favorite icons", little pictures IEx
and Mozilla/NS6 show in the URL box. IMHO the second
most useless browser feature.

Various IEx versions have difficulties to hand over a
https connection or uncached PDF to Acrobat Reader even
if they already read and cached these icons.

J.Pietschmann

Re: PDF doesn't show in ie over https

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>

> Katiyar, Bhawana wrote:
> >>Hi!
> >>I generate PDFs using Fop. All PDF docs are displyed with IE 5.5,
Netscape 6  over HTTP. When i switch it to HTTPS, Netscape works fine but IE
gives the following error : Internet Explorer cannot download....Internet
Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is
either unavailable or cannot be found.
> >>My cache-control is set to "private". I have tried making it "no-cache",
still doesn't work.

> This is a known problem with IEx and uncacheable documents
> which aren't handled by IEx itself.
> Perhaps it helps if you give IEx a hint by using an URL
> ending in .pdf. If there are parameters, try to append
> a dummy=.pdf parameter.

Does anybody know the influence of the following issue and if it being
looked at?

Thanks.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: PDF doesn't show in ie over https

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Katiyar, Bhawana wrote:

>>I generate PDFs using Fop. All PDF docs are displyed with IE 5.5, Netscape 6  over HTTP.
>>When i switch it to HTTPS, Netscape works fine but IE gives the following error : Internet Explorer cannot download....Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
>>My cache-control is set to "private". I have tried making it "no-cache", still doesn't work.

Have you tried to view static (non generated) pdf files via https in IE?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel