Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sriram Kuna <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/02 10:11:48 UTC

Can HttpServletRequest.forward() work across different tomcat instances?

Hello,

We have many Tomcat instances, each running on a different machine (they are
controlled by a load balancer). In this case, can a tomcat instance do
HttpServlet.forward() to some other tomcat instance? Please clarify.

Regards
Sriram
chandrayaan<http://excusemeworld.com/social/chandrayaan-1-facts-behind-indias-moon-mission>

Re: Can HttpServletRequest.forward() work across different tomcat instances?

Posted by Sriram Narayanan <sr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Sriram Kuna <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have many Tomcat instances, each running on a different machine (they are
> controlled by a load balancer). In this case, can a tomcat instance do
> HttpServlet.forward() to some other tomcat instance? Please clarify.

A request cannot be forwarded in this manner. A request is forwarded
only to another Servlet/JSP on the same web app context. This is
within the web app instance on that specific Tomcat instance.

> Regards
> Sriram
> chandrayaan<http://excusemeworld.com/social/chandrayaan-1-facts-behind-indias-moon-mission>

-- Sriram