Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ted <r6...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/27 16:31:34 UTC

h:messages in myfaces 2.1.1 not displaying

Hi, is anyone currently successfully using h:messages in myfaces 2.1.1?

I've used this tag before in the sun reference implementation, there's not
much to it, just

   <h:messages infoClass="infoMessages" errorClass="errorMessages" />

is all I use. I know I'm setting the message properly because I have my
PROJECT_STAGE is development and so it's rendering my message at the bottom
of the browser page. My h:messages tag however is doing absolutely nothing
at all. It's just being removed.

anyone have this anomaly or is there something special about this tag in
myfaces?
--
Ted.

Re: h:messages in myfaces 2.1.1 not displaying

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Since JSF 2.0, unrendered FacesMessages are rendered by h:body shortly
before the closing body tag (</body>), if ProjectStage is Development
(see org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.BodyEndElementInstruction
for the code).

Normally using the following code should work as expected:

<h:head>..</h:head>
<h:body>
<h:messages />
</h:body>

..because the explicit h:messages tag should render all FacesMessages
and thus the implicit one should not find any more to render.

Please check if you're using <h:messages> inside of <h:body> and if
you still see the bug, please report it in our issue tracker at [1].
(Maybe this is a side-effect of one of the optimizations done in that
area, but I actually don't know for sure).

Regards,
Jakob

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES

--