Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Ranjan, Rajiv" <Ra...@in.tesco.com> on 2005/08/26 12:01:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting a "Server ran out of threads " error on apache 1.3.28

Posting yet again. Didn't change the subject line last time.

Hi,

I am running apache 1.3.28 as a front end (proxy) to my application running on WAS.
But I keep getting the following error in my error.log even if I load the system with just 4 users.

"[Tue Aug 23 17:24:31 2005] [error] Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising the ThreadsPerChild setting [Tue Aug 23 19:03:29 2005] [error] forcing termination of child #0 (handle 18944)"

After this the webserver stops processing any further requests. It just hangs.

Please tell me if I need to do any changes in the apache configuration.
(I have not changed any of the default conf in httpd.conf file other than adding a virtual host directive)

Apache WebServer version - 1.3.28
OS - Windows 2K

_Rajiv.

_Rajiv.