Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2019/12/15 12:52:31 UTC

Call to organize more First time Airflow Contributor's Workshops

Hello Everyone,

After organizing two "First time contributor's" workshops with Tomasz (and
last one with Tobiasz) I would like to encourage everyone (especially
committers and heavy contributors) to organise similar events. I think it
is great kind of event that is super easy to organize and it has the
following benefits:

   - more people are involved in Airflow Community
   - you get to know your users more
   - your users are aware that our community is super-welcoming
   - sponsoring companies are happy to host and sponsor such events
   (supports their recruitment)
   - attendees can learn something new and build relationships with
   committers/other contributors
   - you learn from the users what they need and how they use Apache Airflow

We had some great feedback from our users
I put together our learnings from the two events and prepared ready-to-use
instruction on how to run such workshops.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/First+time+contributor%27s+workshop

If you would like to organise such event - you can just follow the
instructions!

You can ping me or Tomek or ping us on #airflow-workshops channel in slack
which I just created.

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Call to organize more First time Airflow Contributor's Workshops

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Yep. Tomek is driving the effort to start the Apache Local Community and I
am helping with that :). Would be great to see more of those -
starting around more focused communities - we organise already Apache Beam
and Apache Airflow meetups so that's a good start :)

Speaking of workshops - again if you feel like running a workshop for
Airflow - we are happy to help. You can contact me via private channels as
well (mail/slack).

We have already an "incubation" phase for five(!) more workshops that we
might help with/co-organise - two in Lithuania (Kaunas and Vilnius), one in
Amsterdam, one in Boston (OCSD conference) and one in Pittsburgh (PyCon)

It's maybe not yet spreading like a wildfire yet but ....

J.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.