Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by dv...@cistron.nl on 2001/04/10 14:11:42 UTC

Table position

Hi,

We are creating an XSL stylesheet.
We need a two-column page. This works perfect.
But now we must add tables with a fixed position and table width = complete page.

Could you help me ?
Thanks!

Greetings,
Dineke van den Bos

Re: Table position

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 12:12 PM 4/12/01 +0200, D. van den Bos - RJ Uhlhorn wrote:
>Thanks for your answer !!
>
>The problem is that the table is already in a block, so the span="all"
>doesn't work...
>The table is nested in body and in section1.
>
><fo:block>
>         <fo:block>
>                 <fo:block span="all">
>                         ..table..
>                 </fo:block>
>         </fo:block>
></fo:block>
>
>How can I still make span="all" work ?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dineke van den Bos

OK, this is my fault. The code for looking at the "span" property on
fo:block is currently in Flow, and assumes that the blocks are not nested
like this. This is mostly due to my mindset of how XML is translated into FO
- I think of nesting that describes "body" and "section" being present in
the XML source, but when the XSLT transforms to FO, then that nesting has
mostly gone away and fo:blocks are laid-out flat inside fo:flow. It's also
an artifact of hand-coding FO examples to test with, which I am increasingly
convinced is a mistake.

Most people are going to end up having some level of nesting - the example
in the spec in Section 6.5.1 certainly does - so I need to address this.
Hopefully it won't be too ugly, and not take too long.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

P.S. I am sort of swamped with lots of things this weekend; if you'd be so
kind as to enter this into Bugzilla it would help jog my memory a few days
down the road. Thanks.

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)

Re: Table position