Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2008/10/30 11:01:29 UTC

[Proposal] Device Manager Donation

One of the compendium services that Apache Felix still lacks is an
implementation of the Device Access Specification. Within luminis,
Dennis Geurts has developed a device manager which implements the spec
and he agreed to donate and maintain that code.

As far as I'm aware, nobody is yet working on this, right? I think
this would be a good step towards our goal of being fully compliant
with the R4 specs. What do you think?

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [Proposal] Device Manager Donation

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1

-> richard

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Marcel Offermans
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> One of the compendium services that Apache Felix still lacks is an
> implementation of the Device Access Specification. Within luminis, Dennis
> Geurts has developed a device manager which implements the spec and he
> agreed to donate and maintain that code.
>
> As far as I'm aware, nobody is yet working on this, right? I think this
> would be a good step towards our goal of being fully compliant with the R4
> specs. What do you think?

I think it is good to cover more spec... So go for it.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [Proposal] Device Manager Donation

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org         - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open

[Result][Proposal] Device Manager Donation

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello everybody,

Hereby I close the voting on the proposal with the following result:

+1: Stuart McCulloch, Richard S. Hall, Christian van Spaandonk, Karl
Pauls, Didier Donsez, Francesco Furfari, Felix Meschberger, Clement
Escoffier, Alin Dreghiciu

And a positive response from Niclas Hedhman.

Summarizing, we have 9 +1 votes, no zero and no -1 votes so I'll
proceed with uploading the code and attaching it to a Jira issue. In
the mean time I'll get started on the other required paperwork.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Francesco Furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it>.
+1

we need it !!!

francesco

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

+1, it's a very good news

Thanks for this donation

Clement

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1

Thanks and Regards
Felix

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
+1

Didier

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [Proposal] Device Manager Donation

Posted by Christian van Spaandonk <ch...@luminis.nl>.
Nice, +1!

Christian

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/30 Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>

> One of the compendium services that Apache Felix still lacks is an
> implementation of the Device Access Specification. Within luminis, Dennis
> Geurts has developed a device manager which implements the spec and he
> agreed to donate and maintain that code.
>
> As far as I'm aware, nobody is yet working on this, right? I think this
> would be a good step towards our goal of being fully compliant with the R4
> specs. What do you think?

+1, always good to see more of the compendium being implemented

--
Cheers, Stuart