Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de> on 2021/10/10 08:53:03 UTC

jackrabbit without lucene?

Hi,

we are currently using ModeShape as our JCR backend. However, as it was left alone by jboss (it was a jboss project) some time ago we now have the need to focus on some alternatives.
Now I tried to use jackrabbit 2.20 with our app but I have the problem with lucene. Especially its non compatibility with itself. We also use Elasticsearch 7.15 and this also brings lucene with it in its dependencies... so 3.x and 8.x clashes and wont work.

Is there any way I can let out lucene from jackrabbit to have it work? Is there any alternative I have for JCR usage besides removing either jackrabbit or elasticsearch as part of our project?

I've also read about Oak but honestly didnt really understand the implications if it should just behave like a regular JCR2 backend.

Best,

KB

Re: jackrabbit without lucene?

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Thank you for the hints!

I browsed the jackrabbit webpages mutliple times and I still must admit that I find it not very intuitive to get an overview of whats actually "current" and what not.
Our app is pure JCR based, so OAK should work and I give it a try.
Do you have any resources how to setup oak for a simple multi-workspace setup thats embedded? Some kind of minimum config file for it?
Its basicall very rare write and very very much read from it, so a file based approach or embedded DB like H2 would be what I look for.

Best,

KB

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@gmail.com>.

--