Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/03/05 21:54:13 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate cTAKES from Incubator

This is to open a VOTE to graduate Apache cTAKES podling from the Apache Incubator.

Apache cTAKES entered the Incubator in June of 2012.
We have made significant progress with the project since moving over to Apache.
We currently have over 18 committers listed on our status page at [1] including over 10 which accepted after the podling was formed.  A VOTE was also held on the ctakes-dev group with 12 +1 results for graduation [4].

During incubation, cTAKES has :
* Produced 1 Release
* Added over 10 new Committer/PPMC members and shows constant community activities
* Cleared IP on code
* Developed Roadmap(s) for the next major and minor releases in a community process and started working on that [2]
* Established Apache cTAKES is a suitable name [3]
* The community of Apache cTAKES is active, healthy, and growing and has demonstrated the ability to self-govern using accepted Apache practices.

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Graduate Apache cTAKES podling from Apache Incubator
[ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache cTAKES podling
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache cTAKES podling from Apache Incubator because ...
We'll run the vote for at least 72 hours.

[1] http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ctakes
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-24
[4] http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ctakes-dev#query:%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.ctakes-dev+page:1+mid:y5lxfqrp2tgzbuwq+state:results

Resolution:
---
X. Establish the Apache cTAKES Project
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to
establish a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and
maintenance of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to the processing of natural language text from the
electronic medical record.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache cTAKES Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the Apache cTAKES Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to the processing of
natural language text from the electronic medical record; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache cTAKES" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache cTAKES
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects
within the scope of responsibility of the Apache cTAKES Project; and be it
further
RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache cTAKES Project:

Andy McMurry <an...@apache.org>
Britt Fitch <br...@apache.org>
Chen Lin <cl...@apache.org>
Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
Ding Cheng Li <le...@apache.org>
Dmitriy Dligach <Dl...@apache.org>
Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>
Guergana K. Savova <gs...@apache.org>
Hongfang Liu <li...@apache.org>
James J Masanz <ja...@apache.org>
Jörn Kottmann <jo...@apache.org>
Kim Ebert Matt Coarr <ma...@apache.org>
Karthik Sarma <ks...@apache.org>
Pei J Chen <ch...@apache.org>
Scott Russell Halgrim <sh...@apache.org>
Sean Finan <se...@apache.org>
Sean Patrick Murphy <sp...@apache.org>
Siddhartha Jonnalagadda <si...@apache.org>
Stephen Wu <sw...@apache.org>
Steven Bethard <st...@apache.org>
Sunghwan Sohn <ss...@apache.org>
Tim Miller <tm...@apache.org>
Troy C. Bleeker <bl...@apache.org>
Vinod C Kaggal <vk...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Pei J Chen be appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache cTAKES, to serve in accordance
with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the
Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the initial Apache cTAKES PMC be and hereby is tasked
with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
development and increased participation in the Apache cTAKES Project;
and be it further
RESOLVED, that the Apache cTAKES Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator cTAKES podling;
and be it further
RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
cTAKES podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are
hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate cTAKES from Incubator

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tommaso

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 binding.

Great job great community great project.

Cheers,
Chris