Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/11 09:42:33 UTC

[Draft] quarterly Board report of IoTDB

Hi all,

this is the quarterly borad report of IoTDB, pls have a review,
I will submit 3 days later.

The mission of Apache IoTDB is the creation and maintenance of software related
to an IoT native database with high performance for data management and analysis

## Issues:
no

## Membership Data:
Apache IoTDB was founded 2020-09-16 (2 years ago)
There are currently 51 committers and 26 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Yuan Tian on 2022-04-21.
- Xiulong Yuan was added as committer on 2022-06-17

## Project Activity:
[Insert your own data here]
We released some new versions:
- v0.12.6, and the lifecycle of v0.12.x is almost over,
- v0.13.1 and v0.13.2, and the community may keep to maintain v0.13.x
for a period,
- v0.14.0-preview1, which includes a new implementation of the cluster mode.

Recently, the ecosystem of IoTDB grows well, e.g., we have integrated with
Apache Ratis, Telegraph, EdgeX (from Linux foundation) etc..

## Community Health:
[Insert your own data here]

- We are glad to see there are more and more contributors. According
to Github, the contributors is more than 210.

- A meetup is host in Hangzhou China in August, together with Open
source project EMQx.

Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东