Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gregor Karlinger <gr...@iaik.at> on 2000/06/08 09:43:39 UTC

Bug in XPath: Incorrect result of applying the namespace axis

Hi all!

I would like to report a bug in the XPath implementation, and since
I unfortunately cannot get access to the bug database, I report it
here:

If I apply the XPath expression: "/inner/namespace::*" to the following
example xml instance,

<outer xmlns:a="A" xmlns:b="B">
  <inner xmlns:c="C">
  </inner>
</outer>

I get a result node set containing only one namespace node, namely
"xmlns:c". What is missing, are the namespace nodes "xmlns:a" and
"xmlns:b", which should have been propagated to the child element.

Can you please tell me, if you already know of this bug, and if
somebody is working on it.

Regards, Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at